It’s Sunday, week 1 of Lockdown with Haircuts, as we’re in Tier 3 there’s no Fagan’s theme quiz or any other type of quiz in a pub
This week, we’ve put our Christmas tree up earlier than usual.
It’s the usual 20 questions for the quiz.
And, it’s a quiz of two halves.
There may be “sound-a-likes” or embedded words.
The use of electronic devices to divine the answers, with the exception of hearing aids and pacemakers, is forbidden.
1. October’s official Birthstone, what gemstone are these?
2. I am in an Italian town famous for Prosciutto and Reggiano, where am I?
3. What popular form of anti tank weapon is being displayed here?
4. Priscilla Maria Veronica White, born in 1943 is better known as who?
5. What is the title of the 1967 British drama film that deals with social and racial issues in an inner city school starring Sidney Poitier and featuring the singer Lulu, who also sang the film’s title song?
6. Errol Brown was lead singer for which popular beat combo who had at least one hit every year from 1970 to 1984?
7. What is the name of the pub on Carter Knowle Avenue, Sheffield?
8. What started out as a 1954 radio drama by Welsh poet Dylan Thomas, was later adapted for the stage and became a film in 1972?
9. What is the prefix used to indicate a relation to, or descent from, the Angles, England, English culture, the English people or the English language?
10. Which 1995 James Bond film, the seventeenth in the series, was the first to star Pierce Brosnan in the title role?
11. What is a sweet and fleshy product of a tree or other plant that contains seed and can be eaten as food?
12. Which color of light is at the short wavelength end of the visible spectrum, between blue and invisible ultraviolet and is one of the seven colors that Isaac Newton labeled when dividing the spectrum of visible light in 1672?
13. Who is the Hungarian-born British-Australian former heavyweight boxer twice held the British and British Commonwealth heavyweight titles and was a three-time European heavyweight champion and, as an actor, appeared in the 1994 action film Street Fighter?
14. Which actor played the role of PC George Dixon in the 1950 film The Blue Lamp and later in the television series Dixon of Dock Green from 1955 until 1976?
15. What is divided in to four chambers named atria and ventricles?
16. In the childrens TV series Bagpus, which animals were the menders of the broken object, the focus of each story?
17. Designed in part to represent the band’s anti-authoritarian attitude, what does The Rolling Stones logo consist of?
18. What is the eruption through the gums of the primary teeth, often causing babies to cry, called?
19. How is Champagne and other sparkling wines informally referred to and can alos refer to someone who is full of energy and enthusiasm?
20. Name country of origin of the main characters from this 1993 sporting movie?